The impact of COVID-19 has been immense, and the road to business recovery is evolving and fluid. There remains much uncertainty with the timeline for reentering workplaces, and how to return to work is at the top for us all as we navigate these unchartered waters.
Your health and safety are very important to us. Below are some general guidelines for consideration, however we recommend developing your own company specific plan.
– Include clear displays of updated safety, health, and wellness information and provide resources for employees and visitors that address all phases of their day – inside and outside of the workplace premises.
– Provide stations at key locations throughout the premises for items such as hand sanitizer, wipes, masks, and gloves – as well as safe disposal options.
– Inventory and confirm sustainable supply of items such as hand sanitizers, gloves, face coverings, or related items. You should expect longer than normal lead times on replenishment of supplies.
– Provide the necessary training and communication for employees to understand the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
– Encourage tenants to follow CDC and local public health official’s guidance for reentry to the workplace, which recommends social distancing measures be implemented and reduced gradually over time.
– Encourage tenants employ staggered shifts and/or continue to offer work from home for some employees.
– Communicate your anticipated levels of staffing as your firm begins to re-populate your office space.
– Work with your Health, Safety and Environment, Human Resources, ad Legal teams regarding any considerations or procedures for high-risk employees, based on the guidance from health authorities.
– Continue to report if an employee has tested positive for COVID-19.
It is important to hold yourself, your coworkers and your employees accountable to these protocols as property management cannot regulate the actions of every employee, visitor and contractor at the building. Cawley Chicago does everything they can to facilitate safety at the buildings they manage, as that should be everyone’s top priority.
Contact Cawley Chicago Property Management for additional considerations or to learn more about how we are caring for our clients amid COVID-19.